Share This On:
First National Bank St. Lucia Limited is finalising details towards the staging of its 2014 Shareholder Education Forum, slotted for Saturday, March 8 at the Bay Gardens Hotel, from 9 a.m.
The featured speakers are the newly appointed Managing Director of 1st National Bank Andy Delmar, and the Deputy Governor of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank Trevor Brathwaite.
The forum aims to equip shareholders of 1st National Bank with the knowledge that will empower them as the collective owners of the institution, to play an instrumental part in ensuring good corporate governance and accountability.
The featured speakers have deemed it an auspicious time to address regional developments in the OECS financial services sector, and accordingly, to outline the bank’s strategy as it strives to maintain profitability in light of these new developments.
First National Bank’s managing director acknowledges the role of shareholders amidst the tempestuous financial services climate: “There are many points at which an institution can easily be steered away from the path of profitability, but these pitfalls can be overstepped if the Bank’s stakeholders are mobilised and consistent in their approach to dealing with change; we all contribute to the identity and resultant success of the institution.”
The forum is open to all shareholders of 1st National Bank, who can register with the bank’s Head Office or any of its branches.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019
- NWU Secretary General elected to serve on Regional Council November 21, 2019
- Invest Saint Lucia CEO shouts: “The south shall rise again!” November 21, 2019
- ISL Entrepreneurship Meet-Up goes to Vieux Fort November 21, 2019
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019