Share This On:
England-based Dudley O’Shaughnessy headlines a squad of 19 pugilists shortlisted by the Saint Lucia Boxing Association for two major upcoming engagements.
Born in East London, O’Shaughnessy was the 2010 British amateur welterweight champion. Weighing in at 69 kg / 152 lbs and standing 1.85m/6’1″, he donned Saint Lucia colours at the 2019 AMBC Pan American Games Qualifiers in Managua, Nicaragua, failing to advance to the Games. Along with his father, Brian, he has spent some time on island, working with local boxers.
Among them are multiple Boxer of the Year Lyndell ‘The Russian’ Marcellin, Arthur Langellier, Nathan Ferrari, Keegan Mortley, Kareem Boyce, Travis Maynard, Nyran David, Omar Christopher, Keyshawn Pierre, Brad Louis, Lazrick Montoute, Gilcris Medard, Kimlyn Martie, Zidan St Ange, Leslie Joseph, Travon Lynch, Leeran Regis, and Joel Duncan. These, presumably along with Marvin Anthony, who has been remaining active in the ring since moving to England, are under consideration for competitions in July and August.
First up will be the 2019 edition of the Creole Boxing Tournament, where Saint Lucia has enjoyed a fair amount of success in recent years. That series will be staged in Saint Martin in mid-July. Next will be the Caribbean Schoolboy / Youth Tournament, slated for Guyana in mid-August.
Training sessions are continuing Monday to Friday and on Sunday mornings. Official sessions are being held at the Brian Mc Donald Boxing Gym in Vigie.
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM