Share This On:
(SNO) — The $167-million OKEU Hospital is expected to be opened in the early part of the first quarter of 2019 and Victoria Hospital (VH) staff are in the process of transitioning to the new facility.
Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Health Felix St. Hill said the process of relocating the lab, the morgue and radiology unit is nearing completion.
“The final transitioning will really take place with the in-patient services,” he told HTS News. “And we see within the next few weeks that we would actually be at least commencing activities to transition the in-patient services.”
He is confident that the new hospital could be operational within the next few weeks.
He said the VH will be looked at under a US$20-million World Bank primary health care project.
“With our World Bank Project soon to come on stream, a US$20-million investment, in the primary health care facilities, we are looking at the possibility of not only in the outer districts but also in the urban districts to review our health facilities by way of developing our primary health care facilities,” he explained. “So definitely VH is one of those we will be looking to see exactly we are going to do with these facilities.”
The hospital project, the largest of its kind in the Eastern Caribbean, is funded by the European Union.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM