Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — One hundred and fifty-seven murders have been committed for the year so far, just eight fewer than those recorded for the corresponding period last year.
The country’s alert state was moved from amber to red by Police Commissioner Gary Griffith last Friday due to a recent increase in murders, the Buju Banton concert and the Easter long weekend.
However, the criminal element still managed to run rampant, snuffing out the lives of at least nine people between Saturday and yesterday morning.
At the concert shortly after he began his performance, Buju addressed the issue of murders directly, saying, “Youths, watch yuhself otherwise yuh will end up like manure under a tree that bears fruit that nobody wants.”
Later on he sang “Murderer”.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Mom hacked to death – Cops stop suspect from dying by suicide February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 38, who allegedly filmed molestation of child, arrested February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop shot after turning down Valentine’s Day marriage proposal February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: 7 siblings vs sister over dead mom’s gold, property February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop arrest 5 who drank too much at Machel’s ‘wedding’ February 20, 2020
- Trinidad: Massy makes $167m in profit in first quarter February 20, 2020
- Trinidad: Schoolgirl abducted, raped outside church February 20, 2020