Share This On:
12:00 NOON WEATHER REPORT
DATE: 19TH JULY, 2018
FORECASTER: E. FRANCIS
PRESENT WEATHER AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS CLOUDY AND HAZY.
PRESENT WEATHER AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT IS CLOUDY AND HAZY.
PRESENT TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS 30 C OR 86 F.
LAST NIGHT’S MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT WAS 26 C OR 79 F.
WIND AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS BLOWING FROM THE EAST AT 23 MPH OR 37 KM/H.
RAINFALL IN THE 24 HOUR PERIOD THAT ENDED AT 8:00 AM TODAY:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 6.5 MM. AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT: 7.9 MM.
TOTAL RAINFALL FOR THE MONTH OF JULY SO FAR:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 47.3 MM. AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT: 106.4 MM.
SUNSET TODAY: 6:35 PM.
SUNRISE TOMORROW: 5:44 AM.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
WINDS WILL BE BLOWING FROM THE EAST NEAR 23 MPH OR 37 KM/H, WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS.
WEATHER: PARTLY CLOUDY, HAZY AND BREEZY, BECOMING CLOUDY AT TIMES WITH A FEW SCATTERED SHOWERS.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
TIDES FOR CASTRIES HARBOUR: LOW AT 2:44 PM…HIGH AT 09:29 PM.
TIDES FOR VIEUX FORT BAY: LOW AT 4:11 PM…HIGH AT 10:36 PM.
SEAS: LOCALLY ROUGH WITH WAVES AND SWELLS 6 TO 8 FEET OR 1.8 TO 2.4 METRES.
SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS AND SEA BATHERS ARE ADVISED TO EXERCISE CAUTION DUE TO BRISK WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
PARTLY CLOUDY, HAZY AND BREEZY, BECOMING CLOUDY AT TIMES WITH SOME SCATTERED SHOWERS.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
MOISTURE AND INSTABILITY IN THE WAKE OF A TROPICAL WAVE WILL CONTINUE TO PRODUCE OCCASIONAL PERIODS OF CLOUDINESS AND SOME SHOWERS OVER THE LESSER ANTILLES TODAY. A GRADUAL IMPROVEMENT IN CONDITIONS IS EXPECTED FROM LATER THIS AFTERNOON.
ANOTHER TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED OVER THE EASTERN TROPICAL ATLANTIC IS MOVING WESTWARD NEAR 15 MPH OR 24 KM/H.
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED OVER THE TROPICAL ATLANTIC DURING THE NEXT FIVE DAYS.
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- From Arthur to Wilfred, here’s the list of hurricane names for the 2020 season
- BREAKING NEWS: Tropical storm, Arthur, could form this weekend before official start of hurricane season
- Forecasters say 2020 hurricane season will be more active than normal
- Researchers predict active 2020 Atlantic hurricane season
- 4 major hurricanes predicted in 2020 as part of above average Atlantic season
- Saint Lucia airports fitted with new wind-measuring systems for safer operations; staff trained
- Ministry of Equity holds psychosocial support in disaster training workshop
- United States Government hands over data gathering equipment to St Lucia