Share This On:
12:00 NOON WEATHER REPORT
DATE: 30TH AUGUST, 2018
FORECASTER: VIGIL SALTIBUS
PRESENT WEATHER AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS FAIR.
PRESENT WEATHER AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT IS CLOUDY WITH LIGHT SHOWERS.
PRESENT TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS 31 C OR 88 F.
LAST NIGHT’S MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT WAS 27 C OR 81 F.
WIND AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS BLOWING FROM THE EAST-SOUTHEAST AT 17 MPH OR 28 KM/H.
RAINFALL IN THE 24 HOUR PERIOD THAT ENDED AT 8:00 AM TODAY:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 4.7 MM AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT: 7.7 MM.
TOTAL RAINFALL FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST SO FAR:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 89.6 MM AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT: 154.9 MM.
SUNSET TODAY: 6:16 PM.
SUNRISE TOMORROW: 5:52 AM.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
WINDS WILL BE BLOWING FROM THE EAST NEAR 17 MPH OR 28 KM/H.
WEATHER: FAIR SKIES OCCASIONALLY BECOMING CLOUDY WITH A FEW SHOWERS.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
TIDES FOR CASTRIES HARBOUR: LOW AT PRESENT….HIGH AT 6:10 PM.
TIDES FOR VIEUX FORT BAY: LOW AT 01:10 PM…HIGH AT 7:17 PM.
SEAS: SLIGHT TO MODERATE WITH WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET OR 0.9 TO 1.5 METRES.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
OVER THE LEEWARD ISLANDS, MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES WITH SCATTERED SHOWERS AND POSSIBLE ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS. ELSEWHERE, FAIR TO PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES WITH A FEW SHOWERS.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
LINGERING MOISTURE AND INSTABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE PASSAGE OF A TROPICAL WAVE WILL CONTINUE TO GENERATE OCCASIONAL PERIODS OF CLOUDINESS, SHOWERS AND POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS THE NORTHERN PART OF THE REGION DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD.
ANOTHER TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED OVER THE CENTRAL TROPICAL ATLANTIC IS MOVING WESTWARD NEAR 8 MPH OR 13 KM/H.
POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NUMBER SIX FORMED OFF THE COAST OF WEST AFRICA. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST-NORTHWEST AT ABOUT 15 MPH OR 24 KM/H. THE SYSTEM POSES NO IMMEDIATE THREAT THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN AT PRESENT.
- 6 a.m. June 2, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- 6 p.m. June 1, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- Tropical Depression 3 forms in the Gulf on first day of Atlantic hurricane season
- 12 noon June 1, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- 6 a.m. June 1, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- Third tropical system may develop before Atlantic Hurricane Season officially starts
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- From Arthur to Wilfred, here’s the list of hurricane names for the 2020 season
- BREAKING NEWS: Tropical storm, Arthur, could form this weekend before official start of hurricane season