Share This On:
12:00 noon Weather Report
Date: 09th September, 2019
Forecaster: E. Francis
Present weather at Hewanorra Airport is partly cloudy.
Present weather at GFL Charles Airport is partly cloudy with showers neaby.
Present temperature at Hewanorra airport is 31 c or 88 f.
Last night’s minimum temperature at Hewanorra Airport was 27 c or 81 f.
Wind at Hewanorra Airport is blowing from the east-southeast at
13 mph or 20 km/h.
Rainfall in the 24-hour period that ended at 8:00 am today:
At Hewanorra Airport: Trace. At GFL Charles Airport: 1.5 mm.
Total rainfall for the month of September so far:
At Hewanorra Airport: 23.6 mm. At GFL Charles Airport: 25.3 mm.
Sunset today: 6:09 pm. Sunrise tomorrow: 5:52 am.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
Winds will be blowing from between the east-southeast and east-northeast
near 13 mph or 20 km/h, becoming lighter and variable at times.
Weather: Partly cloudy skies, becoming cloudy at times with some
scattered showers and possible isolated thunderstorms.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
Tides for Castries Harbour: High at 1:47 pm… Low at 6:11 pm.
Tides for Vieux Fort Bay: High at 2:54 pm… Low at 7:38 pm.
Seas: Slight to moderate with waves 3 to 5 feet or 0.9 to 1.5 metres.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
Partly cloudy skies, becoming cloudy at times with some scattered showers and possible isolated thunderstorms.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
A tropical wave located just east of the region is moving westward near 12 mph or 19 km/h. This wave will bring in some cloudiness, showers and possibly isolated thunderstorms mainly over the southern portion of the Lesser Antilles today into tomorrow.
A weak area of low pressure, associated with a tropical wave is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms over the Central Tropical Atlantic. This system is moving westward near 23 mph or 37 km/h. Some slow development of this system is possible during the next two or three days before upper-level winds become unfavourable for tropical cyclone formation.
A third tropical wave located over the Far Eastern Tropical Atlantic is moving westward near 12 mph or 19 km/h.
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM