Share This On:
12:00 NOON WEATHER REPORT
DATE: 15TH JULY, 2019
FORECASTER: MACLEAN JN BAPTISTE
PRESENT WEATHER AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS CLOUDY WITH LIGHT SHOWERS.
PRESENT WEATHER AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT IS CLOUDY WITH LIGHT SHOWERS.
PRESENT TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS 30 C OR 86 F.
LAST NIGHT’S MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT WAS 24 C OR 75 F.
WIND AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT IS BLOWING FROM THE EAST-SOUTHEAST AT 24 MPH OR 39 KM/H.
RAINFALL IN THE 24 HOUR PERIOD THAT ENDED AT 8:00 AM TODAY:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 13.7 MM. AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT: 22.7 MM.
TOTAL RAINFALL FOR THE MONTH OF JULY SO FAR:
AT HEWANORRA AIRPORT: 58.3 MM. AT GFL CHARLES AIRPORT: 66.6 MM.
SUNSET TODAY: 6:36 PM SUNRISE TOMORROW: 5:43 AM.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
WINDS WILL BE BLOWING FROM THE EAST NEAR 24 MPH OR 39 KM/H, WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS.
WEATHER: PARTLY CLOUDY TO CLOUDY AND BREEZY WITH A FEW SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
TIDES FOR CASTRIES HARBOUR: HIGH AT 3:47 PM… LOW AT 8:07 PM.
TIDES FOR VIEUX FORT BAY: HIGH AT 4:54 PM… LOW AT 9:34 PM.
SEAS: LOCALLY ROUGH WITH WAVES 6 TO 8 FEET OR 1.8 TO 2.4 METRES.
SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS AND SEA BATHERS ARE ADVISED TO EXERCISE CAUTION DUE TO BRISK WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
GENERALLY CLOUDY AND BREEZY WITH SOME SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE SOUTHERN WINDWARD ISLANDS. ELSEWHERE, FAIR TO OCCASIONALLY CLOUDY AND BREEZY WITH A FEW SHOWERS.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
THE INTER TROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE (ITCZ) IS ACTIVE OVER THE SOUTHERN PART OF THE REGION. AS A RESULT, CLOUDINESS, SCATTERED SHOWERS AND POSSIBLY THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED OVER THAT AREA DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
TWO TROPICAL WAVES LOCATED OVER THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN TROPICAL ATLANTIC ARE MOVING WESTWARD NEAR 20 MPH OR 31 KM/H.
TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED OVER THE TROPICAL ATLANTIC DURING THE NEXT 5 DAYS.
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM