PRESS RELEASE – The Folk Research Centre and the Harold Simmons Folk Academy, organiser of the 6th Saint Lucia Studies Conference to be held from June 22nd to June 24th 2016, invite those interested in presenting papers to apply as follows.
The Conference seeks to provide an opportunity to researchers in the areas of St. Lucian life and culture to present their findings in a St. Lucian setting. In response to the call for papers, persons are free to submit proposals on any subjects related to life and culture of Saint Lucia.
We also invite persons to propose panels and/or create panels to form part of the conference. Researchers would come up with panel ideas, find other researchers doing similar work and propose complete panels. Of course this should be done early to facilitate logistical planning
- Presenter’s Name
- Telephone and email address
- Name of accompanying presenters (if any).
- Title of Abstract in Bold/Centred
Abstract: 200-500 words. The abstract should summarise as clearly as possible the thesis of the paper.
- Attach résumé or CV for each presenter.
- Each presenter will present for 30 minutes with 30 minutes for a moderated discussion.
- The full paper should be submitted to the Conference organisers at least two weeks before the start. This will facilitate copying and ensure later publication.
- Submit the complete application to present via email to:
Saint Lucia Studies Conference 2016
Folk Research Centre/Harold Simmons Folk Academy
- Submissions should be received not later than February 29th 2016.